Front End Engineer
Opinary has one mission: We help people make up their mind. Globally, millions of people use our polling technology to share their opinion, engage in open dialogue, and understand complex debates - all with one simple click. And, by harnessing the latest advances in Machine Learning, NLP, and distributed systems design, our platform ensures that readers get the right question at the right time.
With over 80 million monthly users, we’re one of the fastest-growing startups in the media space. You’ve probably used our tools yourself on publishers like The Times, Spiegel Online, NBC, Huffington Post, or the Independent.
As a Front End Engineer Engineer, your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets.
Who we’re looking for
Sure, we need someone talented. But, most importantly, we are looking for someone who:
- Owns challenges. Who doesn’t back down or say “that’s not my job”.
- Is a great communicator and listener. Likes to collaborate across teams and understand why their project matters to everyone in the company.
- Embodies our values of care and respect. That means caring and respecting your colleagues as well as your own mental and physical health.
- You develop software in a compliant and rigorous way, whilst maximizing the value add to our stakeholders: user, brands & publisher
- You continuously improve our technology strategy to maintain and improve a reliable and scalable tech ecosystem
- You enhance our technology stack and lead the implementation of platforms both as well as the systems infrastructure of our product
- You collaborate with our Product Lead to refine the product market fit
- You work in a close and trustful relationship with the founders, product and sales teams in a cross-discipline agile environment
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You value coding as your craft and understand that writing software is about solving technical problems - but equally important something to be maintained and understood by your peers
- You’re proactive and curious: always eager to learn new things and happy to share your knowledge with others.
What we offer
- We have a diverse and open culture from different professional and personal backgrounds. Our agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively
- Growth and continuous learning: everyone at Opinary is encouraged to trust in experiments and personally grow - with a generous learning budget to help out
- We provide a flexible working environment. Choose your working hours, take unlimited work-from-home and holidays, and choose your preferred laptop
Sounds great? Apply with one click!