Opinary has one mission: We help people make up their mind. Globally, millions of people use our polling technology to share their opinion, engage in open dialogue, and understand complex debates - all with one simple click. And, by harnessing the latest advances in Machine Learning, NLP and distributed systems design, our platform ensures that readers get the right question at the right time.
With over 80 million monthly users, we’re one of the fastest growing startups in the media space. You’ve probably used our tools yourself on publishers like The Times, Spiegel Online, NBC, Huffington Post or the Independent.
As an Integration Engineer your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets.
Who we’re looking for
Sure, we need someone talented. But, most importantly, we are looking for someone who:
- Owns challenges. Who doesn’t back down or say “that’s not my job”.
- Is a great communicator and listener. Likes to collaborate across teams and understand why their project matters to everyone in the company.
- Embodies our values of care and respect. That means caring and respecting your colleagues as well as your own mental and physical health.
- Opinary integrates opinion polls into publishers’ articles via a widget or API and also integrates poll voting results into landing pages of the advertisers. You will work on making these integrations work, when issues arise.
- The integration debugging work often starts with a client reporting an issue. Once the issues are solved, you will also work on enabling others to debug by developing a toolset for self-service debugging e.g. as a browser extension.
- You will work with numbers to monitor and improve integrations which ultimately unlock more potential for our clients
- You will assist the Product & Engineering team and Client Partners with scope management for integration management (debugging, implementation, documentation)
- You will identify opportunities for process and product improvements to reduce issues, streamline onboarding, and ease application support
- You will provide technical assistance to cross-functional team members (Tech Support, QA, Documentation, and Marketing);
- You will perform A/B testing of different designs to increase the performance of our products
- You will work in a close and trustful relationship with the product and sales teams in a cross-discipline agile environment
- You have at least 1-3 years of experience as a WEB Engineer
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- You have good spoken and written German language skills
- You are strongly client / customer oriented
- You value coding as your craft and understand that writing software is about solving technical problems - but equally important something to be maintained and understood by your peers
- You’re proactive and curious: always eager to learn new things and happy to share your knowledge with others.
What we offer
- We have a diverse and open culture from different professional and personal backgrounds. Our agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively
- Growth and continuous learning: everyone at Opinary is encouraged to trust in experiments and personally grow - with a generous learning budget to help out
- We provide a flexible working environment. Choose your working hours, take unlimited work-from-home and holidays, and choose your preferred laptop
Sounds great? Apply with one click!