Opinary has one mission: We help people make up their mind. Globally, millions of people use our polling technology to share their opinion, engage in open dialogue, and understand complex debates - all with one simple click. And, by harnessing the latest advances in Machine Learning, NLP and distributed systems design, our platform ensures that readers get the right question at the right time.
With over 80 million monthly users, we’re one of the fastest growing startups in the media space. You’ve probably used our tools yourself on publishers like The Times, Spiegel Online, NBC, Huffington Post or the Independent.
As a Data Scientist, your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets.
- Monitoring operational and business KPIs, understanding and identifying their levers.
- Performing BI analyses and providing relevant insights to the business stakeholders.
- Anomaly detection (e.g. fraud cases, poll performance, etc)
- Development & Testing (offline & A/B tests) of quantitative models.
- Train the trainers: we want to foster a data driven culture and therefore want all employees to be able to work with BI dashboards and create them.
- Develop Machine Learning algorithms which drive our survey product.
- Overseeing and contributing to the operationalization of algorithms in production.
- Participating in architectural decisions pertaining to data engineering, data pipelines, data warehousing, and data services
- You have a degree or higher in computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline.
- You have 2+ years experience with data analytics & visualization tools (SQL, Google Data Studio, Tableau, matplotlib or equivalent)
- You know how to develop and evaluate Machine Learning models.
- You are familiar with Docker and constructing Machine Learning pipelines.
- You have knowledge of NLP and deep learning algorithms.
- You have 2+ years coding experience (preferably Python)
- You have knowledge of software engineering principles and tools (e.g. Git.)
- You have excellent communication skills (clear and concise)
- You excel in critical thinking, by challenging assumptions, validating hypotheses with data and synthesizing results into actionable insights for diverse audiences.
- Experience in experiment design and A/B testing and understanding of online advertising are a plus.
What we offer
- Your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets.
- We have a diverse and open culture from different professional and personal backgrounds.
- Our agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively.
- Growth and continuous learning: everyone at opinary is encouraged to trust in experiments and personally grow - a generous learning budget underpins this.
- We provide a flexible working environment – choose your working hours, holidays and preferred laptop.
Apply with one click!